University of Leuven (K.U.Leuven)
Tasks in the project:
University of Leuven/Rega will contribute to work packages 1,4,5 and 6
WP1 : Cell culture-based discovery of antiviral inhibitors and their mechanism of action
WP3 : Target-directed discovery of antivirals
WP4 : ADME-Tox and validation in animal models
WP5 : Exploitation and route-to-market
WP6 : Coordination
Leuven is heading a Virology group at the Rega Institute, University of Leuven.
The people involded in the silver project are :
- Prof. Dr Johan Neyts PhD, PI, (M), antivirals strategies, molecular mechanism of action and small animal models
- Dr Dirk Jochmans, Research Manager PhD (M) expert antiviral drug discovery and development.
- Dr Pieter Leyssen, Research Manager PhD (M) expertise in biology of flaviviruses (molecular and animal models, antiviral approaches); responsible for largely automated antiviral screenings platform;
- Dr. Armando DePalma, post doctoral fellow PhD (M) expert picornaviruses (molecular, animal models)
- Hendrik Jan Thibaut (M), PhD Student expert picornaviruses (molecular, animal models.)
- Kim Donckers (F), scientific collaborator picornaviruses.
- Tom Bellon (M), technician, antiviral screening, database management
- Carolien Dekeyser (F) technician, responsible for small animal model work.
- Wim Dejonghe (M), Sofie Lambrechts (F), Katleen Vanlaer (F), ), responsible for maintenance of facilities and animals, including monitoring their condition.
3000 Leuven Belgium.
Tel.: 00 32 (0) 16 33 73 53 Fax.: 00 32 (0) 16 33 73 41.
- Leipzig Universitatet, Germany
- Univesita degli studi di Milano, Italy
- National Central University, Taoyuan, Taiwan
- KRICT, Republic of Korea
- Shanghai Institute of Materia Medica (SIMM), China
- University of Hamburg, UHH, Germany
- UIBK, Austria
- Pike Pharma GmbH, Pike, Switzerland
- GPhL,United Kingdom
- CSIC, Spain