AMU, KuLeuven, LUMC, EMC, Institut Pasteur, UKL-HD, RUNMC,
Riboxx, Pike Pharma, KRICT, CISTIM.
Cell culture-based discovery of antiviral inhibitors and their mechanism of action
Type of activity : RTD (Research and technological development including scientific coordination – applicable for collaborative projects and NoEs,).
Lead beneficiary : LUMC.
Person-months : 524
Start month : 1
End month : 48
SILVER WP1 will centralize and coordinate cell culture-based screening and validation activities and aim to:
- discover compounds with antiviral activity using cell-culture based assays for virus replication
- validate activity of hit compounds delivered by WP2 and WP3 and support the hit-to-lead optimization process
- identify targets and unravel mechanisms of action of newly discovered antiviral inhibitors
- develop improved and/or biosafe(r) systems for antiviral screening in cell culture models
- support the antiviral discovery process by advanced virus genomics and bioinformatics
- develop a SILVER outbreak pipeline for rapid molecular dissection of newly emerging RNA viruses
Identification of hit compounds displaying inhibitory activity in living cells which have limited or no cytotoxic side effects